Longarm Machine Quilting
Sun Valley Fabric Granary now offers longarm machine quilting services with our new state of the art Bernina quilting machine.
When you stop by, speak to our highly trained staff, Cathy Cutler to select a quilt motif, thread selection, and to schedule.
Preparation and Helpful Tips
1. Make sure seams are pressed and lying flat. Not doing so can cause bumps/lumps on quilt back.
2. Trim/clip all excess threads front and back.
3. Check that all seams are secured, particularly around the edges of quilt.
4. Square quilt and backing on all four sides.
5. Make sure backing and batting are at a minimum 4"-6" on all sides.
Example: 60" x 60" quilt --> batting and backing 68" x 68"
6. Press and fold quilt top and backing flat and fold neatly. Extra charges will accrue if we have to press your quilt.
7. If you have to seam your backing, make sure to trim any selvage edges off your seam.
8. Puckers and bubbles will not always quilt out.
Prices and Information
We are happy to do any prep work that your quilt may need before loading in on the longarm. This will be an additional charge of $30 per hour.
Currently we are offering an assortment of edge-to-edge quilting designs. Because of variations, density and sizes, the design can vary. We suggest you make an appointment with Cathy Cutler to go over what qualifying design you want on your quilt, thread choice, and batting size.
Custom Quilting = Starting at $0.03 per square inch and up depending on how involved the project will be
Edge-to-edge quilting = starting at $0.02 per square inch
Thread = $3.50 per bobbin
Batting = price determined by type (eg cotton, poly/cotton blend, poly, etc) and size